- Responsible for purchase activities like identifying and developing the vendors.
- Shall participate in the price negotiations and cost reduction activities.
- Shall interact with the clients, stores, sites and head office for procurement/ supply.
- Maintain vendor database
Role & responsibilities:
- Planning of purchase requirements as per manufacturing schedule/purchase indent.
- Preparation & issue of P.O.
- Monitoring of delivery.
- Follow up with suppliers
- Suppliers performance rating & inform to concerned suppliers.
- To ensure implementation of laid down Quality Measurement Standard
- Budgetary control
- Adherence of legal compliances (if any)
- Handle Purchases of glass material.
- Vendor Management & Development
- Material Management with minimum inventory approach
- Inventory Management
- Manage the day-to-day inventory for running of the factory.
- Negotiation with supplier for economical pricing for best quality material
- Maintain minimum inventory level.
- Localization of imported parts.
- Annual/routine maintenance contract.
- Obtaining material at lower price by developing of new sources, price negotiations with vendors, etc.
- Receiving of goods & processing of receiving documents.
- BE (civil)/MBA/ PG/ Dip.[mech] with material management or B.Com graduate with knowledge of material or purchase management
- Good communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of product used in construction industry.
- Understanding of company’s policies & practice.
- Good knowledge of excise, sales tax etc
- Rate Negotiation Skill.